1 1/2 kilo pata baboy, pork leg
3 medium size eggplant, slanting cut
1 small size of banana bud, cut diagonaly
1 bunch Pechay
1 bunch string beans
2 medium size Union (chopped)
1/2 head garlic (chopped)
1 packet Mama Sita Kare-kare mix
Ginisang bagoong alamang
Salt to taste
- In a stock pot, boil pork leg in water for an hour or until cooked.Strain and keep the stock.
- In a big pun, sauté garlic, onion, pork leg and stir cook for 2-3 min's then pour 4-6 cups stock and simmer for an additional 3-5 min's.
- Add kare-kare mix, 1 cup stock, banana bud and simmer for 15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add all other vegetables, cook another 3-5 min's or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Serve hot with ginisang bagoong alamang.